Justin Timberlake Performs Acoustic Version of ‘Selfish’ While Getting Over the Flu: ‘Excuse the Raspy Voice’

Justin Timberlake is under the weather but still hard at work promoting his new song “Selfish.”

The pop star posted a video of himself performing an acoustic version of the single on Instagram on Saturday (Feb. 3).

“Still getting over the flu which makes it silly to sing so excuse the raspy voice but messing around with an acoustic version of SELFISH,” Timberlake wrote to fans.

In the clip, Timberlake offered a quiet, stripped-down take of “Selfish” on acoustic guitar.

JT has performed “Selfish,” his first solo release in more than five years, a number of times since its Jan. 25 release.

He debuted the song live at a free hometown concert in Memphis on Jan. 19. He then played a snippet of it with Jimmy Fallon and The Roots on classroom instruments for The Tonight Show on Jan. 25, and he brought the full track to the SNL stage on Jan. 27.

Timberlake also played “Selfish” for the crowd during his one-night-only show on Jan. 31 at New York City’s Irving Plaza, a concert that made headlines when he introduced his 2002 hit “Cry Me a River” by saying, “I’d like to take this opportunity to apologize to absolutely f—ing nobody. “Cry Me a River” is believed to be about his split from Britney Spears, whom he dated from 1999 to 2002.

“Someone told me someone was talking s— about me on the streets,” Spears seemingly wrote in response on Instagram. “Do you want to bring it to the court or will you go home crying to your mom like you did last time ??? I’m not sorry !!!”

Related

Timberlake’s remark came after Spears seemed to apologize for calling him out in her memoir, The Woman in Me, and praised his new single. “I wanna apologize for some of the things I wrote about in my book. If I offended any of the people I genuinely care about I am deeply sorry,” Spears wrote in a since deleted post without naming names, before adding, “I am so in love with Justin Timberlake’s new song ‘Selfish.’ It is soo good and how come every time I see Justin and Jimmy together I laugh so hard ???”

Watch Timberlake’s acoustic performance of “Selfish” in the Instagram video below. He’ll be heading out on tour beginning April 29 to support his upcoming sixth solo album, Everything I Thought It Was.



https://www.billboard.com/wp-content/themes/vip/pmc-billboard-2021/assets/public/lazyload-fallback.gif

Comments

Popular Posts